Entries for the Literary Arts must be submitted with the event registration form, attach to the on-line registration or by emailing to email@example.com Entries will be judged by Thursday, March 30th. Categories for the Literary Arts include:
|Essays||Life Experiences||Poetry||Short Stories|
NEW in 2018– All Literary Arts entries will be posted with results HERE on this page!!
Literary Arts – Rules for Submissions:
- All entries must be typed, double-spaced, on 8-1/2 x 11 paper and have a minimum of 1” margins. A minimum font size is 10-pt type (preferably “Times New Roman or Arial”).
- Poems can be no longer than 40 lines.
- Short stories, essays, and life experiences can be no longer than 8 pages.
- All entries must have a title page, which includes title of entry, sub-category, and name of artist.
- Artist’s name must not appear on the content pages.
- Mailed in submissions: A display-quality copy of the winning Literary Arts entries, and two (2) additional copies, should be submitted to WCSG by the artist with their official entry form. No framed or matted entries will be accepted. The originals and all copies will be retained by WCSG. The literary arts entry that is entered in WCSG must be the same as what is submitted to NCSG State Finals. An artist may only submit one (1) entry per sub-category.
Here are the rules for the 2018 SilverArts!
Awards for literary arts are included with the Heritage and Visual Arts Awards Ceremony held on Friday, April 20th beginning at 10:30am at the Cary Senior Center!