Wake County Senior Games are open to people ages 50 and up who live throughout the Triangle region. Wake County residency is not required to participate. All participants must be a North Carolina resident for three consecutive months of the year.
Individuals compete for awards in their own gender and age category within five year increments (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+)
In 2021, the Wake County Games will be held virtually. Here are some details about how this will work:
- Click the link below and review the rules and details for your events.
- Participants will track and submit their personal results (scores/times) in an electronic form.
- The activities should take place in during the month of April. All results must be submitted by 8 a.m. on May 1, 2021.
- A link for this form will be available on the website on April 1.
- Participants will also receive email communication about submitting their results.
Registration is Monday, February 15 – Monday, March 15, 2021. For registration details, please visit this page.
A document with an overview of the events that will be held will be available soon.
WE ARE EXCITED TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING ATHLETIC COMPETITIONS IN 2021:
Here are the rules and details (pdf) for each event.
Basketball Team Challenge
Bowling: Singles | Doubles| Mixed Doubles
Cycling/Recumbent Cycling: 1 Mile | 5K | 10K
Pickleball: Singles | Doubles | Mixed Doubles
Road Race: 5K Run
Swimming: 50 yd Back, Breast, Fly, Free | 100 yd Back, Breast, Fly, Free, IM | 200 yd Back, Breast, Fly, Free, IM | 500 yd Free
Table Tennis: Singles | Doubles | Mixed Doubles
Tennis: Singles | Doubles | Mixed Doubles
Track & Field:
– 50 M Dash | 100 M Dash | 200 M Dash | 400 M Dash | 800 M Run | 1500 M Run
– Power Walking: 1500 M | 5K
– Race Walking: 1500 M | 5K
– Standing Long Jump