The Apex Community Center offers a variety of programs for all ages from Preschoolers to Seniors. Please see the latest edition of the Program Guide for current programs and registration dates.
Senior Adult (55+) Programs
Bring together those 55 and older to share in activities focused on growing in mind, body and spirit.
Apex Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department is committed to providing a variety of high quality programs to over 5,000 senior adults each year in the Apex area. From fitness classes and special events to day trips and lifelong learning courses, we are devoted to offering programs and services which focus on having fun while learning too!
Samples of some of our exciting programs:
- Steel Strong
- Line Dancing
- Yoga and Pilates
- Tai Chi Chih
Health & Wellness
- Blood Pressure and Hearing Screenings
- Caregiver’s Support Group
- Estate Planning and Long Term Care Insurance
- Medicare Updates
- AARP Driver’s Safety Course
Social Programs & Special Events
- Card Games (Pinochle, Mah Jongg, Bridge etc.)
- Floral Design
- History Courses
- Annual Health Fair
- Day Trips
- Computer Safety
- Award winning choir, The Peak City Singers
Community Resources & Partners
- Resources for Seniors, Inc. [http://resourcesforseniors.com/]
- Wake County Senior Games [http://rwseniorgames.org/]
- N.C. Senior Games [http://www.ncseniorgames.org/
- Wake County T.R.A.C.S Transportation System [http://www.wakegov.com/humanservices/social/transportation/Pages/default.aspx]
- S.H.I.I.P.- N.C. Seniors Health Insurance Information Program [http://www.ncdoi.com/SHIIP/
- Center for Volunteer Caregiving [http://www.volunteercaregiving.org/
For more information, contact: Recreation Program Specialist Jessica A. Puckett, CPRP at (919) 249-3402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.